Friday, April 22, 2016

Trotting to Success



Dear lovely people,

As I set out on this journey to success, I remind myself of how much I have been dreaming about my destination, sometimes, it sounded so real, so achievable and so easy I forgot to remember the thorny roads, the seemingly bottomless gullies and the rough pavements I have to pass through.

Then I heard the voice telling me to be ready, to be prepared and to brave it. To brave it because it certainly will not be as easy as I dreamed about. The thorny roads will get thornier, the bottomless gullies will be more frightening and the rough pavements would get rougher but for sure the destination will become brighter for those who brave it to the end.

It got to a point I told myself enough might just be enough because no matter how hard I tried to brave it, my destination seemed to be further and further away from me and a lot of what I thought I had a grip on where slipping through my fingers.

Then the light shown on me at some point and I could read the words of Ezekiel 36:26 (NIV) “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.”

Thence, it downed on me that the issues where more about the stereotypical conditioning of my mind than the physical world challenges I was convinced were the interference between me and my cherished destination…and so, off I trotted even harder heading for my destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment