Tuesday, September 20, 2016

I Am Unstoppable





Dear lovely people,

Kirk Cameron says “God steps into the suffering with us, and He takes it on himself, and He walks through it with us, and He uses it to create something in you that is unstoppable.”

Today, I look back at a time in my life when I felt like a hamster in a wheel, running as fast as I could, but going absolutely no where? At such times, I felt overwhelmed as if my life was pulling me in a million different directions? I felt as if I was stressed to the maximum, and drowning in a sea of every day hustle. I woke up every morning with a lengthy list of urgent things to do and I went to sleep with another lengthy list of urgent things to do.

There were moments when I felt as though I were a moving corps. It was literally my body saying enough-is-enough. I had to learn to do things differently. I had to learn how to live life on my terms and not on somebody else’s terms or how they thought I should live my life. Then I began working on my life, shifting it around, stepping onto higher grounds each time and learning the lessons that will help keep me off the hamster wheel and focused on the stage of higher achievements.

Lesson 1: Just like Ralph Waldo Emerson, I learned that “Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” It dawned on me that what I wanted to achieve mattered and the only way to achieve it was with enthusiasm.

Lesson 2: Just like Will Rogers, I learned that “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” I remember just sitting on the tracks of life and getting run over. Sometimes I didn’t even know if I was on the right track or not.

Lesson 3: I learned that no matter what you do or how you do it, so many people will tell you “no”. You, and you alone need to find something you believe in so hard that you just smile and tell them “watch me”. Learn to take rejection as motivation to prove people wrong. Be unstoppable. Refuse to give up, no matter what. It’s the best skill you can ever learn.”

Like Ralph Marston says, “You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination.”

No comments:

Post a Comment