Tuesday, September 6, 2016

My Three Thoughts



Dear lovely people,

Three important thoughts crossed my mind and have persisted this week. Reflecting on them, I wondered aloud how we often overlook them yet they influence our lives whether as individuals or as a network of people living in the same global village.

Thought 001:  
I thought about the rancorous fact that many people never realize their dreams in life all because, they wait for when they will be fully ready to start working on their plans. Actually, many are those who wait for eternity because they never get as ready as they think they should in order to get things done.

Napoleon Hill (1883-197) said: Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.

Thought 002:
 I thought about how much we impose limitations of all sort on our own path to success. Many are those who look for all reasons to justify why they think they cannot do what it takes to get them to the top. Each time I feel like coming up with such insubstantial excuses, I quickly switch my mind to one of my best quotations in Philippians 4:13: “I can do all this through him who gives me strength”
Helen Keller (1880-1968) admonishes: “We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough”

Thought 003:
I thought of how the society in which we live today has shaped us into some strange human beings to the extent that we model existing institutions into some human-unfriendly structures as if the negative effects where destined for another specie of humans other than us. We act as if we are temporal strangers in this world that is first and foremost ours.

Frederick Douglass (1817-1895) insists: “Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is in an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob, and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe”

Strange thinking isn’t it? But equally insightful hahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment