Friday, September 9, 2016

I Missed Out



Dear lovely people,

I was early that morning, I had to meet her. In fact, I had to tell her how stupid it had been for me to wave aside her advances towards me. She had done all to draw my attention, it downed on me that moment that she was not to blame. It was all my fault, I couldn’t notice her investment in terms of time and energy to make me see that she was ready to be there for me.

Half-walking-half-running, I went over to where I have always seen her but she was not there. Nobody knew where she had gone to. The fact that I didn’t meet her was eating up my head like a cancer. I sat down on a stone nearby and closed my eyes. I was thinking fast – where could she be on earth? And so I wracked my brains, thinking of every blessed place where I have met her.

All of a sudden, images where flashing through my mind, the various Offices where I have met her, the road junctions where I have met her in the past and then, I felt a hand shaking me vigorously and when I opened my eyes, it was her best friend. She told me I could still catch up with her at the bus stop if I hurry and so I fired on even before thinking of thanking her.

At the bus stop, she was nowhere to be found. Nobody, not even her friend knew where she had gone to nor any idea when she will ever comeback. It downed on me that she was out of my life and gone for good.

Sounds like some missed opportunity right? That’s exactly what it is. Think back of how often we fail to see the great opportunities that are beckoning on us every day of our lives. How painful it is for us to almost always miss them or go for them when it’s too late.  Probably this is what made Thomas A. Edison to say “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”

Make a firm decision today to go for every opportunity aggressively and you will rip the returns on your scale of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment