Wednesday, March 23, 2016

I Am a Dream Chaser


Dear lovely people,

For seven wearisome years, Lumgwen tried all she could to be an excellent Administrator, dealing with a complicated scheduling for his supervisor in the northern part of Cameroon. She decided to take on a new turn in her life. She packed her things and headed for Yaounde in pursuit of her dream—starting her own movie production business.

A friend living there had told her Yaounde would be the best place to start up because of the many opportunities it offers in terms of creating contacts. Off she went not scared of any downside. She envisioned a successful life, being her own boss and living her dream.

In Yaounde, Lumgwen lived with a friend for two months while setting up and decided shortly after to cut the cord with her friend and move out. Setting up her business took longer than anticipated. With no money coming in life got really hard on her. She was broke and broken. At one point, she had no money and no place to live. But she refused to give up. She refused to lose hope. She refused to let the feeling of despair ruin her. She refused to let the pain inside win the battle. A voice inside kept on telling her, she would make it.

One day, she read an announcement about an auditioning and went there. She was first to arrive the venue and so while waiting for things to start, she went into introspection and reflections… hmmmm pursuing dreams, how I wish it  were a smooth ride, the twists and curves one has encountered could leave you full of negative thoughts and doubting your ability to succeed. Here I am, almost accepting my situation as fate and settling for defeat.

I am a dream chaser, I will not give up yet! I have to keep my dreams alive, I have to work out a way to avoid making certain mistakes. I am the pilot, only I and I alone can take charge of my dreams and fly to places I’ve never been. Nothing lasts forever, even the harsh life I have known all so well. I should be living the dream I left my Administrator Job to pursue—producing movies on my own terms…

Just then, a hand shock her out of her contemplation to inform her that all was set for the auditioning to begin. She was surprised to realize the hall had filled up with people. She smiled to herself, raised her hands towards the skies in gratitude to God and off she went.

No comments:

Post a Comment