Friday, June 24, 2016

Emelda’s Reason To Hope


Dear lovely people,

Emelda held her head disbelievingly in her hands for a greater part of that evening. It was as if it downed on her that moment that her life had suddenly become one big mess. She gaped at everything around her and seeing nothing, a billion and one thoughts where running through her mind. Could it be that all is ended? Can this be possible? Is it true that the last three of my businesses have all gone down the drain? Can it be happening that my dearest mother is on her dying bed? What did I do to deserve all these torments? Why will God allow these painful things to happen to me all in a series? A billion and one thoughts with no glimpse of an answer.

How many Emeldas are out there at this particular moment? If you believe as I do that God is God, then for sure nothing happens apart from His knowledge and permission. He is willing and always able to sustain you during the worst of times. But then, how come Emelda got to that level?

Good question! Primordially, I want you to realize that no matter your situation at this very second, your story isn’t finished yet. Think for a minute of Job’s sickness, Joseph’s betrayal by his brothers, David’s adultery. Joseph told his brothers, “Don’t be afraid of me. Am I God, to judge and punish you? As far as I am concerned, God turned into good what you meant for evil. He brought me to the high position I have today so I could save the lives of many people.” (Genesis 50:19, 20).

Just before you hastily decide to give up, you should clearly understand that God has not given up on you! So, don’t give up on Him. “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11).

If others have made it through, then you can too. Get connected with others who have gone through similar situations. You will find hope, strength and encouragement. A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken. (Ecclesiastes 4:12).

Even when life feels pointless, or too difficult to handle, you should remember that things always change. Abraham Lincoln will never be president if he had conceded to the multitude of failures he had in his life. Winston Churchill had hope when there was no reason to hope and he became British Prime Minister. Nelson Mandela will never be President if he surrendered while in prison for crimes he did not commit. There will be no florescent bulbs today if Thomas Edison gave up after trying 1,000 times with no success to invent one.

I will hope even when I can’t spell the word hope
I will hope even when everybody else thinks I am hopeless
I will hope even when apparently there is no reason to hope
I will hope even when lost in the wilderness of life’s troubles

“Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.” -  Samuel Smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment