Friday, December 11, 2015

Be a Soldier of Your Wishes



Dear lovely people,

Just like Njangsina, one of my favorite verses in the Bible comes from Matthew 6:34 (NIV) wherein its written “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” I used to be a top notch worrier, I would worry about everything to the point that it would make me physically sick. Then it downed on me that the majority, if not everything I worried about were things which I had zero control over. Once I grasped the concept of Matthew 6:34 and combined it with Psalms 55:22 (NIV), “Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken,” I was freed from my yokes of worry. I had awoken to the fact that God has got it under control.

Everything we have been through, everything we are going to go through and everything we will go through has got His hand on it. We need to let go and trust that God has our back. But, where Njangsina went wrong was to think that letting go means you stop taking action and hope or maybe even pray that God will just wave the magic wand in the air and get everything right for you. How fatal that was for him.

One day feeling really dejected and beaten down by issues, Njansina got to his father for an advice: “Dad, I can’t do this anymore” he said “those lessons only exhaust me, and the result doesn’t change. It must be not destined for me to become a Medical Doctor and my dream might never come true.”

The father looked at his son lovingly, served him a cup of tea and while they sipped at the coffee, he said: You know son, every person in life has a dream, a goal of his life. Dreams and goals are those things that make us do what we are doing, because it’s what we should do. We have to fight for what we believe in, what we feel otherwise, you will simply breakdown once and for all.

The easiest way is to quit everything and not push until the end, because the path is difficult and we are not used to inconveniences. We want everything to be easy and at once. But wishes are fleeting! This is how our dreams die, and our goals becomes unreachable.

Gradually, life becomes a routine without depth and meaning. Then one day, we try to forget and start everything from the beginning, we wait for a new day to make our life different. But new obstacles come in our way, and we stop again. We become full of despair and anger for our own helplessness.

Son, you only need to remember one thing in life: never ever give up, fight, battle. It doesn’t matter whether you have lost one battle and even dozens of battles in the past. Life goes on! Your biggest enemies are hiding in you – laziness, fear, doubt, indecision. Be a warrior of your dreams, a knight of your goals and a soldier of your wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment