Tuesday, December 22, 2015

My Life, My Teacher



Dear lovely people,

Just like the millions in the world today, I have my passions, I have my dreams and hopes. There are those that have lingered on from childhood, some crept into my consciousness over the years as I grew up and yet, some of the dreams I held onto at childhood drop off along the growth path.

I have achieved quite some bit, some of it came easy and trust me, most of it came through the very hard way. To enumerate just a few examples: I had a very rough self-taught climb to the heights of Project Management; it was a missed opportunity that launched me into and propelled me to the upper circles of information and communication technology; and you want to know that it was a challenge from a onetime supervisor that launched me into the world of Monitoring and Evaluation where I think I have a say.

I learned early on, to connect with myself, to listen to the voice within, to listen to the direction my spirit was leading me to. It’s not like it has been an easy task, listening to myself has taken me through very rugged and dangerous roads. I have risked beyond risking and still do,   some lessons don’t come through easily you know.

Listening to myself lead me through times when I thought trust was just as easy to come by as the word is written, how wrong I was. I have been beaten down by deception from some of those I could never have imagined, I have been betrayed to a point I thought it was a completely waste of time and energy counting on people to do what contribute to moving you forward. There are those who have called me a complete disappointment.

The biggest of the lessons I learned was that once you set out to make a difference, to carve out a place for your loved ones and yourself here on earth, never ever expect things to just fall in place at the snap of your fingers. You’ve got to fight really hard sometimes beyond your imagination to get what you want. Even when you are deceived, you’ve got to count on people, no matter how hard they punch you in the face, you’ve got to go out to them and no matter how many times you fall in the same pit, you’ve got to keep on with revitalized energy. That is what it means to dream, that is what working for your own success is all about.

It all got to the point where I clearly understood that my life is my greatest teacher and so I ask you, who is your greatest teacher? Be honest to your own self after all, it’s your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment