Sunday, July 17, 2016

If I Should Replay The Tape



Dear lovely people,

Just like Whitney Houston “I decided long ago never to walk in anyone's shadow; if I fail, or if I succeed at least I did as I believe.” but before then, I sat one evening to reflect on what will actually happen if I were to replay the tape of my life…


If I should replay the tape of my life, I will understand better that failure is the most important step to reaching success, I will not feel like it's crushing my soul. I will make failure my friend and not my enemy by doing everything to overcome it.

If I should replay the tape of my life, I will understand better that I could have changed my approach and pressed on in my efforts to take the world around me by storm. If I’d been able to deal with even some of the criticism I faced everywhere, I may have had the confidence to continue to pursue my fondest dreams in some form.

If I should replay the tape of my life, I will understand better that trying my hardest to do something important and failing should not be when it really stings and shake my confidence. When my startup business idea failed, when I lost the big contracts, or when I let someone I care about down, I would have understood those moments when failure left a mark on me at a time when it shouldn’t have.

If I should replay the tape of my life, I will understand better that if I keep doing the same things in my life, I would keep getting the same results. I will certainly know that I have to make some changes and take control of my life so that I can live a life that is flourishing, rather than languishing for the rest of my life in frustration, disappointment, and fear.

If I should replay the tape of my life, I will understand better that I should not blur the lines between making mistakes and being someone who only makes mistakes. I would know better that our actions may define us, but our failures do not and that the actions you take to move past failure and reach success will define you in the end.

The good news is, NOW you know. Why not change your dance steps so you don’t sit in some future date to soliloquize like me. You have your future in your own hands and your future will depend on what you choose to do now. Chose right.

No comments:

Post a Comment