Monday, July 4, 2016

My Mission, My Vision



Dear lovely people,

“A leader has the vision and conviction that a dream can be achieved. He inspires the power and energy to get it done”
Says Ralph Lauren.

Have you notice how much confusion exists between the mission and the vision of an individual let alone an organization? I have seen this hold people down from actually attaining their dreams in life. They just could not figure out which comes first or the relation between them and so they found themselves in a dangerous spiral for years.

Before you get mixed up just like many others, I want us today to be clear that whether as an individual or organization, your Mission actually answers the big question “Why do you exist?” Your Vision on the other hand answers the equally huge question “What will the future look like as you fulfill your mission? Or What will be different?”

This is where you either make the clear difference and link between the two or miss it all and find yourself lost for a greater portion of your entire life. While your mission is entirely about today, your vision is all about the future, what you will become.

Here, get me right. My mission is written in a short, concise statement. Trust me, I ensured that it passed the “T-shirt” test. You know what that means? I actually had it printed on a t-shirt and it was readable from a distance. On the other side, my vision is more than a statement. It is actually a description. While some people like my friend Sixtus have theirs written out in a paragraph, mine is an entire page. It actually paints a picture of the future that will come to be as I carry out my mission.

I made sure and I think you should do same that my mission and vision together reflect Martin Lawrence’s words “I'm most proud of the blessings that God has bestowed upon me, in my life. He's given me the vision to truly see that you can fall down, but you can still get back up. Hopefully I'll learn from my mistakes and have the opportunity to strengthen and improve the next thing I do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment