Thursday, July 14, 2016

I Will Be Ready




Dear lovely people,

Abraham Lincoln brilliantly said “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.”

I read about two farmers who desperately needed rain, and both of them prayed for rain. But only one of them went out and prepared his fields to receive it.  Here comes the question: which one do you think trusted God to send the rain? Certainly the one who prepared his fields for it.

I particularly love the story of the 2 farmers. This story always reminds me and should assure you that faith is in action not intention. In other words, trusting God doesn’t mean I sit around, doing nothing about my plans or situation and just wait for some magic to happen.  Faith means that I get busy about the task at hand no matter how difficult the circumstance might be and prepare my field, whatever that may be, for God to deliver on his promises. He always delivers.

I am not calling on you all to become farmers ok! You may not be a farmer and you may not have a literal field to prepare. Your field might be the future financial independence you see, it could be the business you are struggling with, I could be your school program, a health challenge, your new job, etc. I have a question for you: Where or what, in your life are you needing to do to begin to prepare your field for rain?

“Then I shall give you rains in their season, so that the land will yield its produce and the trees of the field will bear their fruit.”
- Leviticus 26:4

No comments:

Post a Comment