Friday, July 15, 2016

Something About My Pen



Dear lovely people,

I agree with Henri J Nouwen in his book “Life of the Beloved: Spiritual Living in a Secular World” when he says “Our humanity comes to its fullest bloom in giving. We become beautiful people when we give whatever we can give: a smile, a handshake, a kiss, an embrace, a word of love, a present, a part of our life...all of our life.

Behold! There is something about my pen that makes me tic. Each time I write, a few faces twist, some stay indifferent and many more brighten up in a smile. I try not to just please but inform, mobilize, revitalize, rejuvenate and inspire.

Is it just about my literary prowess? No! It’s something deeper, much deeper I would say. It’s about responding to a call, an assignment. I think God is using my pen as an instrument for change, as a source of energy for those whose flame is burning low. The good news is, you can equally use any of your multitude of God given talents to the benefit of others too.

Why would somebody dedicate his entire life to motivating others? That’s the question I am asked often than not. That’s exactly where we often make a mistake. Sometimes, it’s precisely the point of derailment for many a people. In life, it’s not always about 'Me first'. Our over concentration on the first person singular injects untold suffering into our lives. Maybe it’s time to start putting others first.

The more you help people succeed, the more you help yourself. Investing time and energy on people creates a unique ecosystem in which you develop and test the best principles of being a decent human being and that countrynizes your entire person, making you better. However, this in no way suggests that you become a pass-time people pleaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment