Thursday, August 18, 2016

Discernment, My Secret

Dear lovely people,

A group of young development professionals visited me recently and sort to know how I get to do the many things I do so well. I told them what I tell many other people most of the times and so today I tell you too. It has worked for me and I am sure it will work for you.

One fundamental secrete in achieving your dream in life is to develop a high sense of sound judgement. I am talking about the capacity to consistently assess situations or circumstances insightfully and to draw sound conclusions that move you forward. This is not to say however that you try to become infallible, No! But that you get accustomed to informed decision making all the times.

Whether you own your own business or work for an organization, you have to strive to be the leader that builds trust and rapport with your close associates be them employees, colleagues, family or partners through sound decision making skills that consistently produce fair and ethical judgments and evaluations.

When you consistently make fair, sound decisions and judgments, you rip positive returns on such an investment. You witness your own effectiveness and credibility increase effortlessly. Your close associates will learn that they can rely on you to make a fair judgment and evaluation despite the fact that it may not be easy or popular.

When your collaborators know they can rely on the equity of your judgments, trust is strengthened. Your personal and professional reputation thus enhanced, you collaborators will rely on your judgment and be eager to work more closely with you and so your growth to prominence is ascertained.

I work tirelessly to exercise sound judgment in all of my decisions. Effective decision-making plays an important role in the development of good judgment skills. You can start by deliberately going through a checklist of key points until they become second nature. Developing good judgment is based upon your ability to look at all sides of a problem or issue and to weigh all of the options before a final determination is made.

“It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped” says Tony Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment