Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Infatuation – Success! What a Mix


Dear lovely people,

One year later, I was still confused! Was it love or just an infatuation? I lived in Bamenda when all these started, I used to hear people talk of this girl, she was handsome if you know what I mean, smart, etc…. then I started talking about her too, we became so close that I never thought my friends will start teasing us. They started pairing us and teased us to the maximum. Then we stopped speaking to each other. This teasing eventually made us fall for each other and it was no more than an infatuation. We had one thing in common. We both needed each other and trust me, I felt like I needed her more. Sometimes I felt like she was there watching me adore her in my sayings, articles, poetry and praises.

Everywhere I sat down to think about her, I felt like my feet rested on the foot-rest bar under her chair, her first words to me when we met where, “Oh, hi!  You’re new to all of this!” I exclaimed “And your door was open when I knocked so I came in!”

“Oh, I beg your pardon!  So it is!”  She looked at me in the eyes, zipped up and wasn’t looking where her chair was, sat down - falling on her rump upon the floor!

“I’m so sorry!  I had my feet under your chair!”  I laughed!

“I’d better look at my chair from now on!”

I fell madly in love!  She showed me a series of things to do in order to stay motivated, I felt like I just started a new and exciting study program.  Whenever we met, she had a quick smile and greeting for me.  Her voice resounded in my head first thing in the morning and the rest of the day.  To me, she was a rock star! Then, she asked me to attend a personality development program.  I accepted and started going to meetings with her.  I did everything she recommended that will keep us glued.

To say the least, we dated.  It took her four months before she kissed me.  She didn’t ask me to visit, so I asked her.  My dark hair was shaved professionally and curled atop.  The curly hair brushed to an attractive alignment.  We dated just the two of us.  She kept teasing me about my posture, frankness and determination.  She poked me in the ribs elbow and index finger.

“Do you think if I criticize one of your cherished values, your motivation will drop?  Let’s find out!”

She made me nauseated when she made fun of my definition of focus and hard work and telling me she’s not sure my positive mental attitude is built on solid foundation. I had felt like a billion dollars in the pocket of a young entrepreneur until I was with her that night.  We ate at a restaurant, and the entire evening is a blank from then on.

She told me not to come up to her and hold hands in public because she was coveted by millions and that could attract nuisance for me and besides, she needed to be friends with everybody men and women, alike! I told myself, if we were in love, I must do my part and stick to the rules of the game rather than relegate bits of it to the background just because of what others will think or say.

She continued taking others especially men to the personality development program, she told me she was trying to bring many more people to know there are options for them to become different and better in life.  At one moment, I thought I was going stupid! “How come she wanted to improve the lives of males only?” I asked myself.

We dated one year four months.  I saw her one Friday night, and Mondays at the club, there she was with Johnathan hanging all over her, him holding her hand, and his arm was around her.

“What do you think of her and Johnathan going together now?” I was asked. A year later, she contacted me, we went over most of the things that happened the previous year. Only then did I realize I missed the point in most of the instances, she actually made me realize that all along, all she wanted was the best for me.

Every year end, she calls me for an evaluation of the year and to see how far I went that year. Trust me, keeping to her guidance, I am always on the winning side of the equation.

I guess you want to know who she is, my friend is called SUCCESS. Yes! You read it right, SUCCESS. Sometimes, success happens to you like a story of infatuation. Success, as with most things, starts with attitude. When you're struggling, a small burst of inspiration can make a huge difference.

“The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.” Says Vince Lombardi.

An unknown author adds that No one is going to hand me success. I must go out & get it myself. That’s why I’m here. To dominate. To conquer. Both the world, and myself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment