Tuesday, August 25, 2015

What Goes on Inside a Winner’s Head?



Dear loving people,

It’s hard to say this but I have all reasons to think that being a success in all that you do is perhaps the most challenging thin of all to do. You require a unique blend of speed, strength, motivation and endurance all at the same time. In addition to these qualities, you must stand up to the punishment inflicted by the huddles you must overcome to be a success. To withstand the inevitable pain and fatigue, you must possess a mind that is as tough as your body.

So what do successful people or those on the path of success worry about? What do they focus on? How do they approach the quest for success and forging ahead differently from others? The most shocking and inspirational revelation of all was when I realized all successful people saw themselves as winners. They had all achieved success in most areas of life. Even the ones still on the way to eminent accomplishments saw themselves as champions in life. And all of them approached life like they were going to become champions.

After reading as much as there is to read about successful people and spending several years with some of these successful guys it was easy for me to pick out all the things that made them different from the average achiever.

Firstly it’s about Mental Confidence. They have lots of self-confidence. What can I say? Most of the people who have reached the heights of success are very confident about themselves. They don’t waste time pondering over such insecure questions like:
  • “Am I too old to achieve sustainable success?”
  • “Do I have what it takes to be a success in this life?”
  •  “Am I too weak to face the challenges on the way to success?”
  •  “Will I ever be successful in the things I have set out to accomplish?”
  •  “Are my reflexes too slow to push me forward to the places I want to be?”
  •  “Am I not genetically gifted enough to be counted amongst the successful?”
None of that rubbish! Successful people have already decided long ago, that they loved what they set out to do and wanted to do it no matter how hard it was. They love the domain and don’t mind tackling challenges along the way because they get to do what they love.

So instead of questions full of self-doubt, successful people usually have more utility-type of questions:
  • “How can I improve upon the results I get each time I act?”
  • “How do I maximize my strength and upgrade my enthusiasm?”
  •  “How can I deal with the most challenging things that I come across?”
No more self-doubts. They’re way beyond that point in their life. They’re only focused on doing it and doing it well. They ask positive constructive questions which can only lead to positive constructive answers.

To be so confident. It has to do with time and experience. Exposure to the things they do at the highest levels. After learning so much from your mistakes and seeing yourself grow, you get more confident. After overcoming so many challenges that nothing surprises you anymore, you get more confident. After rubbing shoulders with the mighty and powerful and seeing how you’re not so far behind, you get more confident. After toiling for years at the lower levels that your hard work begins to pay off, you get more confident. That’s all it is. And so that’s why it’s nearly impossible for beginners to feel confident when they have so little time invested in themselves and little experience.

It’s one thing to be confident in your potential and value as a person. It’s another thing to be confident in your skills and fighting ability. One comes from having self-respect, the other comes from hard work and sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment