Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Be Prepared By Thinking Ahead



Dear lovely people,

Experience has taught me and continue to teach me that the more we are prepared for what we have to face in life, the better we’ll be able to run the race that God wants us to run. One way to do this is by thinking ahead.

I read the book of Nehemiah chapter 2 in which I found out that Nehemiah did his homework. He had not only been praying for four months, but had equally been planning and preparing for his expected meeting with the king.

Well, many people often ask the question whether it’s really that important to be prepared. Such people will tell you, “I like to live life one moment at a time. I like life to be spontaneous and fun, not broken down into little pieces on a day timer!"

In answer to that, let me assure you that whether we prepare or not, we have no choice but to take life one moment at a time, because we never know if things will happen like we’ve planned them.

Proverbs 19:21 says it clearly that “Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.” Another verse: Proverbs 16:9 says “In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps”

Dear lovely people, as you join me in declaring and in working to make this 2017 your year of action and breakthrough, remember the advice of Psalm 37:4 “Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.”

With such assurances, what more do you need to burn the midnight candle?

Remain blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment