Friday, October 30, 2015

30 Minutes In the Molded Room



Dear lovely people,

It was 5:30 pm that evening when I walked into the moldy room burning with determination. Though everything in the room from the furniture to the carpet on the floor looked weird, it did not deter my resoluteness to tell her my mind. She has for a long time been clogging my vision, injecting me with mediocrity and ephemeralness. To say the least, she has been chocking me with obstacles, fatigue, discouragement, negative messages, laziness and you can name it.

That evening, I was determined to tell her off for once but trust me things where to be different when I stepped into the room. There she was, lying on the floor at a very odd angle and lifeless. In a flash, I had mixed feelings of pity and joy.

I felt pity for her especially realizing that with all the noise and shit she threw at me, I could drive her to her untimely death just with a little effort, well thought-out plan, persistence, diligence, tact and focus. Though sometimes, she succeeded in knocking me to the floor, I always found a way to self-motivate and bounce back stronger than before. There she was lifeless and incapable of disorienting me again.

I had feelings of joy at the same time in realizing that I hold the keys to my own liberation, that I can attain any level if I pull my power of focus, diligence, dreams, courage and patience together. I knew however that she would certainly have successors that could spring out of nowhere and try to continue her unfinished work on me but at the same time, the feeling of success that engulfed me at that moment, gave me the encouragement to dare even more faced with other personalities of her caliber.

So I learned that when you face the challenges that block you from attaining your goals with all you’ve got, success must smile at you no matter how long it takes. Nobody else is going to pull the trigger for you and not even prayers can do that if you don’t get out there and start taking action in the right direction.

As I headed for the door, my wrist watch read 6:00 pm. It was time to celebrate. I know you are wondering who she is right? Ok, let me clear the cloud. She is called FAILURE.

No comments:

Post a Comment